VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by zenith2009

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

this is my first post here. I am 3dfx enthusiast and since owning Voodoo2 cards I have had Ultimate Race Pro CD which have been working perfectly on my retro gaming rig.

On my main rig I wanted to install the game with dgvoodoo or zeckensack glidewrapper with no success. Everytime I start the game I get message: GlideInt Envoirment Voodoo2 none Detected.

Why is this game trying to detect Voodoo2 card instead working with glide wrapper? Do I need to edit some registry?

Please help, wanting to play this game with emulator.

Thanx in advance!

Reply 2 of 7, by zenith2009

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanx for answering Davros,

I made it work with installing patch 1.50, thank god I was still able to download it since it is old game. While installing this patch, game allows you to use 3dfx wrapper without message: None Voodoo2 Detected. I also installed nGlide 0.94 which works perfectly with this game. Will also try other wrappers just to find the best solution.

Damn, now I can play this game in 1680x1050 with 60FPS + AA + AF.

🤣

Reply 4 of 7, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Tested with nGlide - even version 1.00 worked like a charm.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 6 of 7, by zenith2009

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ultimate Race Pro that was bundled with Creative Labs Voodoo2 cars possibly had some coding in for "I want to run on Voodoo2 Glide". Dunno. My version works with emulator since patch 1.50.

Reply 7 of 7, by batracio

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No, that Voodoo2 error message was generated by Voodoo2's Glide2x library itself, not by the game. You were trying to launch the game on a system without an actual Voodoo2 installed, but it still had a Voodoo2 Glide2x library from a previous installation that prevented the game to use the wrapper's library. That's why Davros wisely advised you to delete all your Glide2x libraries before reinstalling any wrapper. Most 3dfx games just look for any suitable Glide2x library, instead of being hardcoded for real 3dfx hardware. This modular programming is what allows the wrappers to work. Otherwise, only a complete 3dfx hardware emulation would work without real 3dfx hardware.