VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Destroy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

With the patch, got this game working fine in Vista64.

Problem is when in the arena, turning is WAY to fast. Press left key for 1 sec and my character must rotate about 40 times. Forward seems normal paced.

From the slow down utility thread, I've tried 1 cpu slow down program 'Cpukiller3' but that does not help. Even at 95% 'kill' the turning is too fast. Forward motion actually chugs a bit.

Is there a fix for this game or known cpu throttling program that works on modern multi core cpus?

Reply 1 of 4, by Destroy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

NM. Few min after posting I realized it was running in non accelerated mode. Dropped dgVoodoo150 in the main dir, set it up, and now the game seems to be locked at 60fps according to Fraps. Menus are bit messed up but at least the game looks better and runs at a perfectly normal speed.

Edit: Just wanted to add that accelerated mode only works when running the .exe on the C:/ drive in the installed folder. The link that the install program puts on the desktop or within the Start menu links to Splash.exe., using that only seems to allow non accelerated mode only no matter what setting I pick.

Edit2: dgVoodoo is not working. Turns out simply running the hyperx.exe in the install dir is what allowed the accelerated version to work. Not using glide, but D3D instead.

Is there a way to increase the resolution or force glide instead of D3D?

Reply 2 of 4, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I guess you'll only be able to increase resolution if you get glide working. Activision games from mid 90's had 2 choice or fixed resolution in accelerated modes.

Reply 3 of 4, by Destroy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
filipetolhuizen wrote:

I guess you'll only be able to increase resolution if you get glide working. Activision games from mid 90's had 2 choice or fixed resolution in accelerated modes.

Well if ATI's drivers weren't so crappy, forcing full screen scaling in CP would work too.

Reply 4 of 4, by Destroy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Found a fix for me. 3rd party app that allows GPU scaling on my X2300 ATI laptop running win7. Now I get full screen in Hyperblade, its stretched 640x480 but better than super tiny characters on screen.

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?ca … threadid=125270

ATI GPU Scaling Fix v1.1 for Windows 7
by AgentGOD