VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by thecrafter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

With all drivers (reference latest and beta, Evolution, x3dfx) when I turn on AA for games using 3dfx tools, I get glitches in the picture.

For example. Turning 2x AA in UT99 and Hitman causes the font to mess up. There will be a sort of underscore under some letters, and not on others, and font will be glitched in other ways I can't explain. (odd thing is, if I use Hitman's implementation of AA by enabling it from within the game, there is no problem)

In Homeworld the entire menu messes up. Some colors change (background is no longer black/blue, but whiteish gray). And text is almost unreadable.

If I turn 4x AA, in UT the entire picture becomes blurry. As if a 3D affect is on and it's trying to combine two pictures or something. Hurts my eyes, very hard to read stuff. If I use the hotkey to visually disable AA (the option in 3dfx tools), the font and picture returns to normal. Re-enabling AA with the hokey and it comes back.

I could have sworn this was not a problem before I started experimenting with third party drivers. I've tried uninstalling all drivers and removing all the glide*.* and 3dfx*.* files in Windows/System and then reinstalling the reference driver, but to no avail. This sucks 🙁

Please help. I have many games installed and reinstalling Windows is not an option!