VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hello all,i have carma 3 tdr 2000 and like many other people,i had the dreaded directx error at the beginning of second mission.reading in some other forums i discovered that the soultion was to toggle off the mip filter option,but i do have a little problem..

[image]http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/2871/jmhkljhk.png" border="0[/image]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

as you can see from the picture i cannot access the rest of the graphical option on teh side of the window.i tried every resizing method and display resolutions...nothing worked.so i would like to know how to enlarge that damn window or what to modify in the tdr2000.gfx file to toggle off the mip filter option.thanks in advance

Reply 1 of 35, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You are probably running TDR2000 in compatibility mode. If you have Microsoft ACT 5.x untick win9x compatibilty and use my fix instead. This *may* fix the window problem and allows you to select your native resolution (you'll have to redetect video card for this). Please note that my fix has only been tested with Windows XP. If you still have problems I will work on it more deeply.

Attachments

• Filename
    tdr.zip
    File size
    1.59 KiB
    Downloads
    690 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 35, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm glad it did 😊 . This is actually the Win9x compatibility mode from Windows XP without the HideDisplayModes and SingleProcAffinity flags. Win9x compatibility mode from Vista/7 uses more flags not available under XP, one of them probably cripples the window.
Maybe only one flag from the fix is necessary to bypass the division by 0 problem on startup, I still haven't figured out which one.

Reply 4 of 35, by luluBCN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

Filipetolhuizen, I have the same problems as Zaxxon. My S.O. is Vista but I can't understand what I have to do with the tdr.sbd file. Should I copy it in the main TDR folder? I don't have any compatiblity to untick so I'm little bit lost...

Thanks in advance,
luluBCN

Reply 5 of 35, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You have to install Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit and then install the fix I provided using this program.

Reply 8 of 35, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Open the Compatibility Administrator. Open the fix with it and click on Install. That's all.
Remember to disable Win98/ME compatibility mode for the game or the fix will not work properly.

Reply 9 of 35, by eragon2314

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If I have to select the fixes to install do I have to install them all or just some of them?
(AdditiveRunAsHighest, AddProcessParametersFlags, AddWritePErmissionsToDeviceFiles ...)
Also does it work with 64bit OS?

Reply 17 of 35, by eragon2314

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes I opened the fix and clicked on fix then I selected the TDR2000.exe and clicked next twice. Then I marked all of the 366 fixes and clicked next and the on finish but I still get the direct X error