VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i'm trying to update the drivers of such card in my retro pc.problem is that is nigh impossible to find them..each one of them i find are either for windows 2000\xp or 98.the drivers i havew already in the machine works perfectly,but everytime i start a directx app,i get the message that i should update my drivers.also,amongst the various googl results,i got a lot of riva tnt results.are those the same or compatible ,in a way?

Reply 1 of 4, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The last drivers I can find for the TNT are the 71.84 drivers. However, the latest available driver isn't always the best one. You want to find the driver that gives you the best performance and image quality and that is bug free with your card. If you're happy with the way your card performs without the latest drivers, then ignore the update message.

Reply 2 of 4, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

For the Vanta you might need to get manufacturer specific drivers. I ran into this when I tried one out once. NV's reference drivers wouldn't detect it.

The chip is a NV5 (TNT2) as far as I know but NVIDIA didn't directly support it. I think it was an OEM only product and NV wanted to shift responsibility to them.

Reply 3 of 4, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You can try googling for Detonator 23.11 or Detonator 28.32 and see if either of those drivers work for you. I tend to use those drivers for anything Geforce 3 and below, including TNT 2. They should work fine for you as far as old games are concerned.

Reply 4 of 4, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

thank you very much,i'll try these the detonator ones.:)if all else fail i'll just leave the ones i already have.i just don't know if the performance will improve or not..some games run very good,but seems to have some kind of "choppyness",which i don't think its cpu (or gpu)related.probably the hd is going to the garbage soon