VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello, Welp thought I'd do a small write-up on Ratbag / GT Interactives Powerslide and my Voodoo 5 5500 AGP which I also noticed happen on a Voodoo 4 4500 AGP and how I got it mostly working.

Firstly the game will work fine on a Voodoo 3 card as long as the game is updated to 1.04. No extra work needed on that card.

Using updated version 1.04 on the Voodoo 4/5 card you will get flickering in the menu's, really corrupted textures in the race, also will have a locked resolution of 640x480 or 800x600.

To get the races textures working:
First download the Voodoo 3 3000 or equivalent 1.07.00 driver and extract it. Copy the Glide2x.dll from the driver9x folder over to the games root directory. I copied the Glide3x.dll and Glide2x.ovl but should not be needed.

To get the resolution and bits per pixel working:
Either create a shortcut to the powerslide.exe or select properties on the on in the start/programs menu. In the "Target" field you will see the directory where the executable is located in "...." as in the default location looks like "C:\Program Files\Ratbag\Powerslide\powerslide.exe".

After the last " you need to specify the resolution and bpp.
-res 1024x768 if using 1024x768 or anything else you want it higher
-bpp 16 if you want 16-bit color or use -bpp 32 for 32-bit.

Should look something like this when done:
"C:\Program Files\Ratbag\Powerslide\powerslide.exe" -res 1024x768 -bpp 32

There is also a -glide2vsync you can add if you want to use V-sync.

Click apply and use that shortcut to start game from now on.

This does not fix the flickering in the game menus and maybe someone else can help with that part?