ATI Rage 128 Rage Dawning Demo

Topic actions

Reply 41 of 52, by shspvr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RichB93 wrote:
sliderider wrote:

If it uses a 16-bit installer, isn't there a good chance that the .exe will also be 16-bit?

No, it is fully 32-bit. I don't understand why they used a 16-bit installer, although I have seen it done on a few games as well for some reason 😒

That nothing new they most likey just to lazy to update software

Reply 42 of 52, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
shspvr wrote:
RichB93 wrote:
sliderider wrote:

If it uses a 16-bit installer, isn't there a good chance that the .exe will also be 16-bit?

No, it is fully 32-bit. I don't understand why they used a 16-bit installer, although I have seen it done on a few games as well for some reason 😒

That nothing new they most likey just to lazy to update software

Who's going to bother updating the installer on a 12 year old demo for a card they don't even sell anymore? It's only crazy people like us who bother tracking these things down any more.

Last edited by sliderider on 2011-07-24, 12:49. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 43 of 52, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RichB93 wrote:

Hmmm...it crashes out and Windows attempts to look for a solution to the problem. I'm running in Windows 95 compatibility mode.

Reply 44 of 52, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:
RichB93 wrote:

Hmmm...it crashes out and Windows attempts to look for a solution to the problem. I'm running in Windows 95 compatibility mode.

Hmm, same as I got unfortunately. I have a feeling that it won't work on Windows 7 🙁

Here's the cool music from the demo if anyone wants it. (I've compressed it to FLAC from the original WAV)http://www.mediafire.com/?bmloe72awz5w89a

Reply 45 of 52, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've been talking to the uploader of the YouTube video, Hypernl and he found out that you can use the decompressed audio with the RAS file intact (rather than extracting the whole lot). While this takes up a little more space, it is a lot neater and leaves the original audio intact too. It also *appears* to improve stability with the MAX-FX engine the demo uses.

You can download it here http://www.mediafire.com/?w0h17tz61o1b4bh

Reply 47 of 52, by Norton Commander

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RichB93 wrote:
Norton Commander wrote:

Yup I checked my ATI Rage Fury Pro CD Release 109B, No Dawning Demo, just Hydra demo.

megatron-uk and RichB93 thanks for providing us with links to this demo, I've seen it requested on numerous forums while googleing, no one knew where to find it.

You're welcome 😁 What is the Hydra demo? If it's not too large could you upload it please? Would be nice to get some other bits for the Rage Fury series of cards as my Maxx CD was so barren.

It's in a directory called HVISION on the CD. I checked the INSTALL.INI & SETUP.INI files and it's something called Hydravision Radeon's Ark.

Anyway it's only 2.19 MB so here it is:

http://www38.multiupload.com/files/7A923275A9 … 0E3/HVISION.zip

And a download mirror in case the first one is busy or slow:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5XBJAQO4

I never tried this demo or anything else on the CD other than the drivers, video capture components and the DVD player. The DVD player sucked, it sputtered and sound was out of sync whereas VLC played it smoothly.

Reply 48 of 52, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

These demos are great, real blast from the past. The windows 7 fixed RAGE one works fine on my 580GTX, I can't get the matrox one to work though, just stuttering music and black screen.

I'll try the HVISION one in a bit. =]

Reply 49 of 52, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RoyBatty wrote:

These demos are great, real blast from the past. The windows 7 fixed RAGE one works fine on my 580GTX, I can't get the matrox one to work though, just stuttering music and black screen.

I'll try the HVISION one in a bit. =]

Further than I got, the Matrox one just flat out crashes on my Windows 7 machine. Runs on my old PC though.

The Hydra app is the HydraVision software used for dual head graphics cards.

Reply 50 of 52, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hmm, just reading through the RAGE 128 Pro reviewers guide, and there was another demo developed for these cards called radiATIon. I've only been able to find screenshots of it online though... 😢

Reply 51 of 52, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

no sound here on my Q9300... maybe it needs some old OS to get it working

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 52 of 52, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RichB93 wrote:

Hmm, just reading through the RAGE 128 Pro reviewers guide, and there was another demo developed for these cards called radiATIon. I've only been able to find screenshots of it online though... 😢

Have you found the Ark demo yet? That is supposed to use the same technology as the RadiATIon demo.