Common searches

Reply 20 of 23, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:

And btw, some people like collecting Windows Media...like me 😁
I got a small but nice collection of Windows media that I collected over the years, mainly from gifted disks and some lucky local buys (like the select Windows ME disk).

Yeah, me too. 😁 I still have my original Windows 95 CD from my Acer 166MMX I bought in 1997, and a Windows 98 FE from when I upgraded back then. Add to that disks for Office 97, NT4.0 and 2000. Very useful!

Reply 21 of 23, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah I have tons of Windows 95 discs, I was lucky enough to get them from a school that had kept all of the old discs. All sealed. Could have got around 200 but I picked up around 20. Mostly SR2, although I have a couple of SR1 discs, a few with the Plus pack on the disc and quite a few Windows NT 4 Workstation discs. Have some 95A upgrade CD's too.

Reply 22 of 23, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hrm yeah my copy is silver, but that doesn't mean much. The only way to really tell is to have him read you the ring code on the cd. If it doesn't have one, or the ring doesn't have the part number in it, it's probably fake.

Reply 23 of 23, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jorpho wrote:
Tetrium wrote:

Yes, but as Windows 95 is really old, apparently MS doesn't care about it anymore. And why should they.

Because someone out there running Windows 95 could probably be persuaded to upgrade his hardware (and all his other apps) and start running Windows 7. I guess?

I don't see how this has anything to do with the "only for distribution with a new PC" text on the CD.

sgt76 wrote:
Tetrium wrote:

And btw, some people like collecting Windows Media...like me 😁
I got a small but nice collection of Windows media that I collected over the years, mainly from gifted disks and some lucky local buys (like the select Windows ME disk).

Yeah, me too. 😁 I still have my original Windows 95 CD from my Acer 166MMX I bought in 1997, and a Windows 98 FE from when I upgraded back then. Add to that disks for Office 97, NT4.0 and 2000. Very useful!

Yup, I always prefer to have original disks too 😀
Of course anyone could tell you you could "just go download" it, but imo the disks themselves are a lil part of retrocomputing itself 😉

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!