VOGONS

Common searches

Lego Racers

Topic actions

First post, by Lord Uber Dowzen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Probably not going to get many/any replies but here goes...

The first game I ever bought (over a decade ago, wow, that's depressing) was Lego Racers. It was this fun little Mario Kart 64 clone where you could build your own cars out of lego.

The game used to work on my XP machine but during a tidy up recently I decided to ditch that PC and I've been unable to get the game to work on my Vista PC. I think I've narrowed down the problem though; as far as I can tell the game is unable to detect my video card (8800GT). Is there anyway of tricking the game into thinking that there is a compatible video card there or something?

Finally, I am planning on getting a laptop with Win7 business (or whatever the version before Ultimate is called) so I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck playing games with the XP mode?

Reply 6 of 10, by Procyon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Maybe it's a videodriver issue, older games that run on ATI cards sometimes don't run on Nvidia cards and the other way around. Does your CD-ROM of Lego Racers also have the option for software rendering? If so, try that.

Reply 8 of 10, by Lord Uber Dowzen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@ Procyon, no that's the weird thing. I can open up the 3D device selector window for the game but it's completely blank. The same window for the demo lists Direct 3D hardware and software mode.

@leileilol, nope, just tried that and it didn't work either.

Thanks for all the replies. I may just put the disc away until I get my Win7 laptop.

Reply 10 of 10, by pinkdonut666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That was the first PC game I bought to! good to see you got it working. I still keep the old machine i played it on around, but it will run just fine on my XP machine too. That game to me back then was such a B****! man how things change. i can beat it if under an hour if i'm board

my life runs on X86