Common searches

POD and Voodoo 5

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That stinks you didn't get it working on the V5. Atleast the V3 came through for you. I'm still trying to get it working right on my system but reading I just need to enable V-Sync on my 1GHz/V3 rig.

Does your V1 have silver mounted capacitors? I had bought a Diamond Monster 3D off ebay and could smell the caps were bad (smelled like fish). Although the card work I wouldn't of trusted for any lengthy gameplay. I have replaced all the caps on that card and will retest it soon.

A while back I found that 2x Diamond monster 3d cards didn't like playing at 133MHz FSB. Even at 100 FSB games were really brighter than they should of been. This makes me think they are a bit sensitive to the FSB which is weird. 66MHz looked fine though.

Haven't had time to assemble my P1 233MMX rig yet. Just got my SB16 ISA a couple days ago.

Reply 21 of 23, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know this topic is old, but I remember getting POD all those years ago when I was still running Win98se with Voodoo2 as my main PC.
Even then I could only just run it in software mode.
Then XP with a Geforce3 which ended always with a total system crash.
Been having a go recently with the 2 PII's and after hours of trying and crashes, I've finally given up.
I'm sure it's a fun game but even my patience doesn't stretch that far.

http://www.compufixshop.com
Main rig Ryzen 2600X Strix RX580 32GB RAM
Secondary rig FX8350 GTX960 16GB RAM