VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i recently got abe's oddysee from Gog,which certifies that's cmaptible with windows 7..when its not.just after cliciking the exe,the game boucnes you back to the desktop with the dreaded appcrash window.i googled a lot,and seems like a lot of people are having this problem,but nobody foudn a solution yet.and yes,i treid each and every possible combination of comaptibility..nothing.problem is,that while looking for a solution,i managed to find a site where a guy said that he patched it and now runs..unfortuntely,that guy's been banned,and he didnt wrote where he found that damn patch

Reply 2 of 7, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Zaxxon wrote:

i recently got abe's oddysee from Gog,which certifies that's cmaptible with windows 7..when its not.just after cliciking the exe,the game boucnes you back to the desktop with the dreaded appcrash window.i googled a lot,and seems like a lot of people are having this problem,but nobody foudn a solution yet.and yes,i treid each and every possible combination of comaptibility..nothing.problem is,that while looking for a solution,i managed to find a site where a guy said that he patched it and now runs..unfortuntely,that guy's been banned,and he didnt wrote where he found that damn patch

Did you check out the GoG forums on the Oddworld series yet ???

I can say that the Steam versions of these games work fine on my Windows 7 Pro, x64-bit machine 😀

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 5 of 7, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Zaxxon wrote:

with which settings??comaptibility ones i mean

My Steam version didn't require any compatibility mode settings at all.

Did you review the link I posted above for the GoG forums covering the Oddworld Series ?!?

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 6 of 7, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

yep,there' no solution,most people make confusio nthough,some are talkign about abe's EXODUS,which is the sequel,which works pretty fine on most pc for anybody.i'm talkign about the prequel abe's ODDYSEE,and seems that many people have the same problem as well,but nobody can come with a solution.the only solution for some is to press the "function"keys that's present on some portable pc.i have a dekstop one so no Fn button there