VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by pinkdonut666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hey, I have a pentium 3 650 with 384mb or ram running win98. I'v installed an ATI radeon 7000 64mb video card, installed drivers from ATI.com but i'm still having problems. I'll load up a game, and a couple seconds (say 10 or so) after the game goes into 3D mode, the game crashes and i have to reboot my machine. it took me several hours to find the drivers i have, seeing as i did not have an ethernet card in the machine at the time. i'm going to spend a bit of time searching around but please let me know if you have any advice!

Reply 1 of 4, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I also had crashes, but with Windows XP stock drivers and the machine reseted itself instantly when entering 3d mode. However, this card works on a Macintosh like a charm.

Reply 2 of 4, by pinkdonut666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

sometimes it won't even freeze the screen, it just goes black. BTW if it's of any relevance the games i'v tried: Demolition champions, muscle car 76, lego racers. I'v got other( perhaps better) games but if theses didn't work i'm not going to waste time installing others till i get my problem solved.

my life runs on X86

Reply 3 of 4, by Pippy P. Poopypants

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Motherboard chipset drivers not installed? (i.e. AGP GART if you have an AGP card). These older Radeon cards tend to be pretty flakey and each driver revision has varying stability. Also they tend to have issues too with VIA chipsets (at least the AGP ones from past experiences).

GUIs and reviews of other random stuff

Вфхуи ZoPиЕ m
СФИР Et. SEPOHЖ
Chebzon фt Ymeztoix © 1959 zem