VOGONS

Common searches

fps football pro 97

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by resin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Couple issues with Front Page Sports Football Pro 97..

First, whenever a video is supposed to be playing in the game, it says "video not available, cannot find vids:IV32 decompressor". From what I understand this is an isue with the Indeo codec. But I already have this codec installed on my system, as I have other games that require it and those work fine. I did try to install iv5setup.exe anyhow (which was suggested elsewhere), but it told me I already had a newer version of the codec and couldn't overwrite it.. I believe the newer version it's referring to came from the Indeo5S.exe (which was necessary to install for some of my other games). Is it possible that this game is looking for the older version? If so, that may cause conflict as it doesn't seem possible to have both versions installed properly on the same system..

Second, when it gets to the main menu, it tells me "your hard drive may not have enough free space to adequately run front page sports football pro"..

Despite these issues, the rest of the game seems to work fine.

Refer to the two images below for better explanation..

Attachments

• fpsf97pro1.png
    Filename
    fpsf97pro1.png
    File size
    3.77 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    fpsf97pro2.png
    File size
    520.82 KiB
    Downloads
    336 downloads
    File license

Reply 5 of 6, by resin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Looks like the iv5setup I had downloaded earlier was an old version, the one you posted here did indeed install the right codecs, and the videos display now, thank you..

But there is one last problem.. When installing the game, it installs to c:\sierra\fbpro97 by default. Although it lets you install under a different directory, it will only run correctly if installed to that default location. Every game I have on my computer is located under my Games folder, and I'd like to keep it that way (meaning I don't want c:\sierra.. , instead I want c:\games\sierra.. ). This is the only game that has not been able to run under my Games directory, and I can't figure out why. I couldn't find any registy keys nor did I find any configurable files in the game's folder that might tell the game where to look for its files, so I'm out of ideas..

I can start up the game and navigate the menus, but when I go to play the actual game, it crashes and says "football pro 97 has unexpectedly quit" and in the popup's title bar, it says "cannot open game plan (\sierra\fbpro97\stock\..)" Below is an image of the error message.. How can I get this game to run correctly under the Games folder?

Attachments

• fpsf97p3.png
    Filename
    fpsf97p3.png
    File size
    26.14 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 6 of 6, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

do you have a usb thumb drive try installing to that
ps: the file mentioned what does it contain

from wiki
"The fifth version of the series was the first to convert to Windows '95. The '97 release had all hallmarks of a rushed release; fatal crash bugs, weird database glitches, no integration between different elements of the game (the play editor, in particular, looks like it was traded from another game)"

ps: do you have the patch

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness