VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Click on the shortcut. Passes the DVD check. Screen flashes briefly and the mouse pointer changes location. Then a dialog box comes up saying "jericho.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" and prompts me to tell Microsoft about it.

I've seen posts suggesting there might an issue with PhysX so I removed the Nvidia one and installed the version supplied on the disc. No change.

Can someone check if they have this problem?

Reply 1 of 5, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I did install the Steam version DEMO on my Windows 7 - x64-bit machine and it seemed to run fine.

Not sure if I had to do any compatibility settings or not, maybe there is a disc based copy protection scheme causing a malfunction ???

If I ever get the full version I will let you know, but for sure I can get the demo working just fine.

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 2 of 5, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

runs fine for me in win7x64 with gtx260 and 6950 (fine with xp as well )
try a nocd
anything in event manager
theres a log file in the jericho folder

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 3 of 5, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My system is Windows XP with Nvidia 8800gt graphics. Video driver 285.58 version.

Tried using Fairlight and Vitality No-DVD fixes. Problem persists.

Event viewer has plenty of Application Errors.

Faulting application jericho.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5781, fault address 0x00012afb.

The log.html is equally unhelpful.

-= Game log file =- (Wednesday, August 08, 2007 19:23:51) […]
Show full quote

-= Game log file =-
(Wednesday, August 08, 2007 19:23:51)

Version: 0.24
(c) Mercury Steam Entertainment

Log closed.

Reply 5 of 5, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Everything is updated to the latest version.

Actually this is strange. I spent the past day setting up a 2nd main drive. This one I didn't install any extra software on. Just drivers for the hardware and updating Windows. On that drive Jericho works. I must have something installed that's causing it to crash on the 1st drive.