VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by pinkdonut666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'v read conflicting story's about the audigy 4, and I'm really rather curious as to what they in tale. I have a sound blaster in every computer i can put one in. But when it was time to buy a sound card for my high end XP build I didn't want another SB live, so for 20bucks I bought a Sound Blaster Audigy 4 5000 24 bit sound card. and was quite impressed. it dose not support X-fi but dose EAX and I heard it was really just a 2zs with a better DAC. All I know is it works with 2zs features in games designed for them, like battlefield 2. I guess I'd like to know a little bit about this card, what they cost when they were made from etc. cause i couldn't find much when i was browsing the internet back when i bought it.

my life runs on X86

Reply 1 of 1, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What is the CT # on the card? Other than the budget cards with special cheapo codecs, there are only two DSPs used for all Audigy cards and their feature sets are very similar. The various cards have different DACs and some have better quality analog circuitry. But in my experience the output quality of the cards with real DSPs is excellent.

I have A1 Platinum, A2ZS, A2 PCMCIA, and A4 and they all are quality, especially compared to Live's front output.

In features the Audigy lineup differences are 24bit support (A1 lies about it) and a special bit accurate playback setting that bypasses the DSP. EAX and DS3D support is identical. I'm not sure if there are official 9x drivers for A4.