VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i reinstalled my windows98 rig recently cause i had taken its harddisk to use on another computer for a few months before. and when i attempted to open windowsupdate, the page just kept refreshing itself(blank page) endlessly.

Reply 1 of 8, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just install the unofficial SP2 ... see lots more info here: http://www.mdgx.com/web.htm#98SE

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Both mdgx and the MSFN forums have been the place to go for Windows 9x updates for quite some time.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 8, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DosFreak wrote:

Both mdgx and the MSFN forums have been the place to go for Windows 9x updates for quite some time.

But only for English Windows updates though 🙁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 4 of 8, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tetrium wrote:
DosFreak wrote:

But only for English Windows updates though 🙁

I think it's fairly safe to assume that anyone who comes here looking for help is sufficiently fluent in English that running Windows in English shouldn't be a problem.

Reply 5 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I think it's fairly safe to assume that anyone who comes here looking for help is sufficiently fluent in English that running Windows in English shouldn't be a problem.

You need an English copy of Windows 9x for that. If you just have a different language version you have a problem.

Not to mention that we had a couple of posters that clearly are not fluent enough in English for us to understand them.... 😀

Reply 6 of 8, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Dominus wrote:

You need an English copy of Windows 9x for that. If you just have a different language version you have a problem.

Not to mention that we had a couple of posters that clearly are not fluent enough in English for us to understand them.... 😀

There is an unofficial SP for 98SE in Dutch as well, I think it was version 2.0a or something. The only time I tried it, it worked well.

I was lucky enough to be gifted an English 98SE and later bought an English ME on ebay. Don't think I have an English 95 though, perhaps I downloaded one at some time

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 7 of 8, by Menkau_ra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My russian Win98SE can not be updated too. Will try english version then. It's good to have this update server, even after I install unofficial SP2 it still can download some updates including IE.