VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by pinkdonut666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just bought a voodoo 1 diamond multimedia 3d pci and i can't get it too work. I'v tried all kinds of drivers and nothing seems to work. I'm using win98se, and i'm runnig it alongside a radeon 900pro 128mb card. Sometimes i can get the game to load, but a blank screen, sometimes i can't get anything, it just says "your hardware does not support this" and sometimes it says missing ddl. other times i get this program has preformed an illegal operation. I know the passthrough works because i can use the other card passed through the voodoo but the voodoo won't work. please let me know what i'm doing wrong. i might also mention i'v never felt with a voodoo before.

my life runs on X86

Reply 1 of 13, by pinkdonut666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I also get can't create z buffer. i have tried: death track racing, half life, jeff gordons xs racing, packman adventure in time, lego racers.

my life runs on X86

Reply 2 of 13, by pinkdonut666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It seems to be almost like every time it goes into 3DFX 3D mode, the screen dies. I tried johnney harpers grand prix and I know this game run under 3dfx, i got the game to recognize and start under 3dfx, but when the game started the screen when black, like half life. The game is running, sounds/ controls work but you can't see anything. and no it isn't cause i'm no using passthrough.

Last edited by pinkdonut666 on 2012-02-06, 05:19. Edited 1 time in total.

my life runs on X86

Reply 5 of 13, by pinkdonut666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

the passthrough works cause the radeon is plugged into the voodoo, and the voodoo into the monitor. I'm not a total idiot. I'm using 3dcc to switch between the voodoo/ radeon for primary 3d and when i set it to voodoo and go into 3d it's black, I have the radeon passing through the voodoo while doing this.

my life runs on X86

Reply 6 of 13, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Use the last reference drivers to begin with 3dfx Voodoo1 V3.01.00 > get them at falconfly.de

2nd it looks like its in the P3 rig? I assume it maybe a 133mhz FSB? I had issues with my Diamond V1 till I dropped the bus to 100 or 66MHz!! It was normal brightness at 66MHz, It looked like I had a low gamma setting at 100MHz FSB. 133MHz usually just crashed or showed bad gfx corruption.

For certain games you may need to drop the glide2x.dll in the root folder of the game to work or a Minigl driver.

Being a V1 you really can't use more than 640x480.

> W98SE . P3 1.4S . 512MB . Q.FX3K . SB Live! . 64GB SSD
>WXP/W8.1 . AMD 960T . 8GB . GTX285 . SB X-Fi . 128GB SSD
> Win XI . i7 12700k . 32GB . GTX1070TI . 512GB NVME

Reply 7 of 13, by pinkdonut666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yah my cpu's a 133, you gave me any idea though.... nope, running a 100 fsb doesn't fix it. and i got my driver from there.

my life runs on X86

Reply 10 of 13, by pinkdonut666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

all tests failed, could not start the direct3d test, and direct draw test my monitor went to sleep. (aka no signal) and yes the passthrough cable was connected.

my life runs on X86

Reply 11 of 13, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Did you remove or uninstall older drivers? Maybe they are mixing up a bit. I use Driver Cleaner 2 (2-passes) in safe mode to remove my 3dfx drivers then in device manager remove any instance of the card. Might have a newer glide2x.dll or something messing you up.

What about using the reference drivers and trying out some of the tech demos? http://falconfly.de/artwork.htm (scroll down some)

If that doesn't work then check something for me. Pull the card out of the system and smell it! Does it smell like fish or a bad smell? If so then there are bad caps on the board. I had this problem with a Diamond voodoo 1 I bought off ebay.

Last thing I can think of is pull the ATI card and give an older 2d/3d card a shot. Riva 128/TNT...

> W98SE . P3 1.4S . 512MB . Q.FX3K . SB Live! . 64GB SSD
>WXP/W8.1 . AMD 960T . 8GB . GTX285 . SB X-Fi . 128GB SSD
> Win XI . i7 12700k . 32GB . GTX1070TI . 512GB NVME

Reply 12 of 13, by pinkdonut666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

it's a 1997 rev e diamond card, and the top chip with the 3DFX logo smells of burning plastic after only five minutes! good thing, 1 it was $10, 2 the guy i bought it from is awesome just bring it back replacement or cash back.

my life runs on X86