VOGONS

Common searches

Windows 98 se working on Dosbox - Please help

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by ccarr690

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone,
Hopefully I am posting in the correct forum. Let me start by saying that I think dosbox is awesome and I have been able to get all of my old games and even business software like autocad v12 to run within the emulator. I have been doing research and trying to get my win98se to run in the emulator. I have even tried using the Megabuild version. The issue I have is that I need to maintain my version of 98se and there are no drivers for new hardware and I need to run Windows 98SE on newer systems. I have about a 20gig partition of my 98se installation and additional software. If anyone has been successful in running win 98se in a dosbox window, I would appreciate help in the matter.
I have also looked at creating an img drive, but there appears to be a 2 gig limit on creating that. Windows 98se is the last operating system that you can easily copy to another harddrive and have work. I dont really need sound to work, access to cds. Networking would be awesome. Everytime I try to run Windows. All the dosbox windows close out. I am not sure if windows bombs because of the emulator or because of the NTFS file system. I have even tried mounting an existing harddrive in fat32 with the WIndows on it. Again, any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!