VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,
Is anyone else experiencing this crashing problem with Jet Moto? It happens right at the start and I cannot even get to the menus. I tried every possible compatibility flag on MS ACT 5.6, but it didn't help. The Voodoo 2 patch didn't help either. My system is a Core2 Quad Q9650 (stock speed), GTX 260 Core 216, 4GB RAM, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum and is running Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bits. Everything except the video card is using the latest driver, because of the serious problems they cause on DX 5 and 6 games.

Attachments

• jet moto.JPG
    Filename
    jet moto.JPG
    File size
    13.16 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Jet Moto crash on startup
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 6, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It works on certain drivers. When I had a 8800GTX one driver from the 19x.xx series could run it, as well as drivers from early 2007 and older (my 6800 had no problems running it, as it also relied on these drivers). At this point when the game crashes, there is no 2D/3D mode change and it stays the same until a new race is started, but it crashes before the main menu shows up. I assume these cards can't do palleted textures either.

Reply 4 of 6, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I thought that if a game uses palleted textures the drivers convert them to 32bit ?
is there another game that uses palleted textures and has a profile, try renaming the exe so the profile is applied to jet moto

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 5 of 6, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

while searching for jet moto windows 7 i found this bit of advice
open the cd and right click jetmoto.exe and set compatibility to XP SP3 then run it directly from the cd drive. no need to install.

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 6 of 6, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm on Windows XP SP3, not 7. But I don't think it's something related to Palleted Textures, because crash happens at a point where there everything is pure 2D and even if I run it in DirectDraw only.