VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hello.

I guess not but no hurt in asking. I am thinking about migrating to Win7 x64 because 4GB+ of RAM is becoming common trend nowadays.

Reply 2 of 9, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not really an answer 😁 personally I've been on 64bits some years now... if you have an older pc around it will be handy if you mess with ancient stuff, else vmware is great, a simple win2000pro VM has been useful to me several times... but it depends what kind of interoperability your programs require...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 4 of 9, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

is there a demo somewhere to test? I can report immediately

edit: it runs fine, win7/pro x64:

2irkkmd.jpg

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 6 of 9, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you get Pro or higher you can get XP Mode for free. I use it to run any 16-bit Windows apps. It is also really handy for manually installing 32-bit apps that have 16-bit installers.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 8 of 9, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You start it like you would VPC, but once you install an application in it, you will find a shortcut to it in your Win7 Start Menu that you can use to start it as if it was an application running natively in your Win7, but with an XP style window. I also also able to use it for my old scanner that had no 64-bit drivers by installing the drivers in the XP VM.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers