VOGONS

Common searches

Star Trek related

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Corey

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there a way to get these to work w/7 64Bit (SP1):

Nine Worlds Hosted By Patrick Stewart
Star Trek Borg: The Interactive Movie
Star Trek The Next Gerneration Interactive Technical Manual

Attachments

• Filename
    ST.jpg
    File size
    103.23 KiB
    Downloads
    316 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

If at 1st you don't succeed, so much for skydiving!

Reply 1 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Star Trek Borg\Interactive Tecnical Manual

Works with Windows 7 64bit using Vmware Workstation 6.5 with Windows 2000 as a guest OS

Since it works with Vmware Workstation 6.5 it will likely work fine with the latest versions of Vmware Workstation and Vmware Player.

If you don't have 2000 they should also work fine with XP 32bit as a guest OS.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 7, by Corey

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Where do I get this VMware & VirtualBox, what versions should I use & how do I install them? I do not have access to any OS other than my 7 64Bit (SP1), am I out of luck?

I read all the posts at: Star Trek Borg on Dos Box HELP!! & DL'd the patch, do I still need VMware/VirtualBox?

If at 1st you don't succeed, so much for skydiving!

Reply 6 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Corey wrote:

Where do I get this VMware & VirtualBox, what versions should I use & how do I install them?

Well, Google will tell you where to find them. As for versions, there's pretty much only one version of VirtualBox; for VMware, you'll probably want VMware Player.

I do not have access to any OS other than my 7 64Bit (SP1), am I out of luck?

Yes, in order to do something practical with VMware or VirtualBox, you will need to find a copy of another OS; as suggested above, Windows 2000 or XP might work in this case.

If you have Windows 7 Ultimate or Professional, then you can just use the built-in XP Mode.

I read all the posts at: Star Trek Borg on Dos Box HELP!! & DL'd the patch, do I still need VMware/VirtualBox?

If it works, that patch does not require VMware/VirtualBox, no. But if the programs use a 16-bit installer, then the installer will not run under 64-bit Windows.