VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I made a patch that enables Sega Rally Championship to be run in Direct3D. It takes some assets from the rare Direct3D version of the game and makes it compatible with the original.

I do not have access to my vintage computer due to moving and while it works on my Windows 7 laptop I would like to have it tested on older computers and other operating systems before I make the patch public.

PM me if you are interested in helping out and for a downloadable link. You must have the original version of Sega Rally Championship installed/available.

From the readme:
BACKGROUND: Sega Rally Championship Direct3D was never in broad release and was only included on a driver disc from Orchid Righteous for the Voodoo 1 3DFX card. This patch was made using assets from that version.

INSTALL: Make sure you have Sega Rally Championship installed with the full install (47MB) option on your computer. Unrar files into install directory of Sega Rally Championship (default: c:/SEGA/SRALLY/). Open RALLYD3D.exe to run the game in Direct3D mode.

Thanks to VirtuaIceMan for providing original Righteous 3D Software v 3.01 CD image file.

Reply 2 of 5, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would be more than happy to test it in my win98SE boxes (both a p4/gf6800 and a p1/riva128zx)

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 5, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks for helping out with testing, patch now released:

Sega Rally Championship Unofficial Direct3D patch & mod

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes