VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 32, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Incredible! He needs to tell how he did it so you can tell the developer that he was obviously wrong 😉

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 21 of 32, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just tried out that fix. It works! I'm using Windows 7 64bit, but it isn't working 100% as music is disabled. Guess that was a necessity to get it running as it was the cause of the problem in the first place. Still better than getting an error message 😀

Also tried the fix on the demo, did not work there. Full release only (unless the author can patch the demo .exe file as well).

Since the file was uploaded to dropbox on the original site, I have included it as an attachment here on Vogons. Just to create a mirror.

EDIT: Updated with new version

Attachments

• Filename
    FR2.7z
    File size
    509.03 KiB
    Downloads
    1047 downloads
    File comment
    Ford Racing 2 Windows Vista/7 patch. Incl. FoV 16:9/16:10 increase and original 4:3 version
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by vetz on 2012-06-16, 12:21. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 23 of 32, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
robertmo wrote:

and the original site is where?

Was posted earlier in this thread:

VirtuaIceMan wrote:

Reply 24 of 32, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm asking him for an original non-widescreen modded version too, as the game runs in 4:3 resolution natively. I guess he's on US time zone so hopefully I'll get a reply some time over the next day!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 25 of 32, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I guess the guy just hacked out the error check for the wma filter, so the music doesn't work at all. I guess it might be possible though to convert the music from wma to mp3 or something then play that in a music player in the background. Not ideal but the game only plays a random track every race so it's not a great difference!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 26 of 32, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There's an original 4:3 version there to now. I told the developer and he said " Glad you got it sorted 😀 Have fun" 🤣

Reply 28 of 32, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

More likely "i don't get paid to fix it, so..."
Or "I don't have the source code anymore".
That someone was able to hack it is nice but that needs dedication to old games

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 29 of 32, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The thread on Widescreen Gaming Forum is now here, should anyone be looking for it: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=24310

Reply 30 of 32, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just to hook this page up to a solution for music: go here! Ford Racing 2 - complete fix pack including music player

Reply 31 of 32, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Okay there's been an update on the music front, you just need to copy across msaud32.acm from Windows XP (SP2 or SP3, maybe earlier might work too) then register it, as described here: DirectShow - Windows Media Source Filter - Ford Racing 2, Test Drive 6, Monopoly Tycoon (there may be more)

You'll also need to seek out a no-CD patch if running on Win10, as the game uses an old protection system that's no longer supported.

Reply 32 of 32, by mrpenguinb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
VirtuaIceMan wrote:

Okay there's been an update on the music front, you just need to copy across msaud32.acm from Windows XP (SP2 or SP3, maybe earlier might work too) then register it, as described here: DirectShow - Windows Media Source Filter - Ford Racing 2, Test Drive 6, Monopoly Tycoon (there may be more)

You'll also need to seek out a no-CD patch if running on Win10, as the game uses an old protection system that's no longer supported.

I can't contact you privately on the forums since I don't have permission (haven't been on here long enough or done enough posts). That is why I asked for a different method of contact.
For Ford Racing 2, you also need to make sure that the Windows Media Source Filter is registered (dxmasf.dll) and have the strmdll.dll and drmclien.dll in the same directory as dxmasf.dll.
When you register the codec/filter, the location of where the .DLL is located is stored in the regsitry, so if you move the files after registering the filter, then the filter will not work.

Sorry that I didn't make myself clear enough, but you do still need the Windows Media Source Filter to be registered and working for Ford Racing 2 to work properly. Using the filter in conjunction with audio compression manager (ACM) will give you stutter-free music.