VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Any one know where to download the additional units for Total Annihilation and Total Annihilation: Kingdoms? All the sites I've tried were either down or contained dead links.

Reply 3 of 13, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://totalannihilation.wikia.com/wiki/Total … nloadable_Units

After Patch 3.1 was released, Cavedog released six units available for download

http://totalannihilation.wikia.com/wiki/List_ … lation_Kingdoms

Cavedog released 16 new units after the game's release.

These are the units I'm looking for.

Reply 4 of 13, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The TA: Kingdoms units are installed when you upgrade to Version 3.0 (with OR without the Darien Campaigns). As far as I know, there is no separate download for the units, so you have to upgrade to get them.

The TA units were available as six separate downloads:

AFark.EXE (113.1 KB)
aflea.exe (74.5 KB)
ascarab.exe (117.1 KB)
chedge.exe (112.0 KB)
CImlator.exe (102.7 KB)
Necro.EXE (171.9 KB)

If you can't find the files, PM me an address, and I will send you copies. I pulled them off of the TAUniverse Cavedog mirror back in 2004. At that time, they had the whole Cavedog HTTP/FTP site mirrored.

Reply 5 of 13, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
akula65 wrote:
The TA: Kingdoms units are installed when you upgrade to Version 3.0 (with OR without the Darien Campaigns). As far as I know, […]
Show full quote

The TA: Kingdoms units are installed when you upgrade to Version 3.0 (with OR without the Darien Campaigns). As far as I know, there is no separate download for the units, so you have to upgrade to get them.

The TA units were available as six separate downloads:

AFark.EXE (113.1 KB)
aflea.exe (74.5 KB)
ascarab.exe (117.1 KB)
chedge.exe (112.0 KB)
CImlator.exe (102.7 KB)
Necro.EXE (171.9 KB)

If you can't find the files, PM me an address, and I will send you copies. I pulled them off of the TAUniverse Cavedog mirror back in 2004. At that time, they had the whole Cavedog HTTP/FTP site mirrored.

They "should" be available at tauniverse.com, lemme look up the link...
Edit:Apparently fileuniverse is down so no luck there.

And may I say what a GREAT game TA is? 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 6 of 13, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
akula65 wrote:

I was looking here where some are available separately. Does that mean all 16 were unified later with the 3.0 patch?

I've found that ftp://ftp.cavedog.com is still up but apparently the bonus units were stored under ftp://ftp.cavedog.com/cavedog which isn't listed there.

Reply 7 of 13, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah some TA stuff is getting hard to find.

I've uploaded some things
The six Cavedog units
Cavedog map pack
1.x to 3.1c patch
TA Thing2 (the nocd + 1500 unit hack)
TAUCP v2.3
TAUIP v2.1
UTASP v5 (and AI boosts)

I don't have any Kingdoms extras. Neat game though. That one got the wrong reputation on release because of bugs and how demanding it was at the time...

Last edited by swaaye on 2012-06-25, 19:51. Edited 6 times in total.

Reply 8 of 13, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was looking here where some are available separately. Does that mean all 16 were unified later with the 3.0 patch?

Correct. Those four were bundled with the other units into the 3.0 patches, so apply the 3.0 patch (or the Iron Plague Expansion which will upgrade the game to Version 3.0 and add the Creon faction), and you should have all 16 of the units.

Reply 10 of 13, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Attachments

• maps.png
    Filename
    maps.png
    File size
    3.79 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    maps in that Cavedog maps pack
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 11 of 13, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry, the map packs I mentioned were for Kingdoms and you mentioned you didn't have any extras for that. I think I got a bit confused with trying to hunt things down for both games.

Speaking of which:
http://www.tcbw.net/ta/index.html
This Total Annihilation site is still functional and has the individual .exe files for the units and maps.

Reply 12 of 13, by Iris030380

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

TA:K was a good game ... in that it was something new and if not perfectly executed (even less so than the original TA) it was quite epic and interesting. The skirmish mode was fun too. At the time of it's release though, the average home PC would chug it along at about 10 fps (even less with the 3D accelerated mode enabled) and I didn't play it for long .... never actually installed any addition units for it.

TA was on the other hand a masterpiece. Getting the 1000 units patch (and then downsizing to something reasonable like 250 or 500) was essential. As was the the 2 official addons and the units that came with them. But in my experience with the game, pretty much 100% of third party shit was just that ... you can gild the lilly very easily and end up with a shit-ton of badly modeled units juttering around the map and no-one knows what the hells going on. Plus it's impossible to invent a better unit than the Maverick, Vamp or ... dare I say it ? ... The Krogoth! 😉

I5-2500K @ 4.0Ghz + R9 290 + 8GB DDR3 1333 :: I3-540 @ 4.2 GHZ + 6870 4GB DDR3 2000 :: E6300 @ 2.7 GHZ + 1950XTX 2GB DDR2 800 :: A64 3700 + 1950PRO AGP 2GB DDR400 :: K63+ @ 550MHZ + V2 SLI 256 PC133:: P200 + MYSTIQUE / 3Dfx 128 PC66

Reply 13 of 13, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have no idea how redundant thsi is, but here's a zip with 26 cavedog'd files.

Attachments

• Filename
    TaUnits.zip
    File size
    1.17 MiB
    Downloads
    365 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

apsosig.png
long live PCem