VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have not had any luck getting this to configure in Win95. Does anyone know if there were drivers for this stick, or any tricks to get it to work? Neither analogue or digital mode allow calibration, though the buttons register.

I like the stick since it incorporates both a throttle lever and twist action for rudders making a nice small footprint solution for flying games, - and was hoping/struggling to get it working on my W95 Retro rig.

Anyone have luck with this?

EDIT: info, 15-pin plug [not USB] and using Saitek drivers v275

EDIT 2: after testing on W95 and W98 boxes swapping several sound cards, working assumption is stick is faulty. Have eBayed a Logitech Wingman 3D [similar twist handle gameport controller] fior testing. If it works on either build, then Saitek is the likely culprit.

Last edited by tincup on 2012-07-05, 18:21. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1 of 3, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

do you have the original cd
have you tried the drivers on that ?

edit: you say you cant calibrate axis, but do the axis work some sticks didnt need calibration

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 2 of 3, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I got it second hand and don't have the original CD. I do have the CD for the Cyborg Gold USB model which I use for my XP rig and it also works in W98. But the drivers will not load into W95. I downloaded a version Saitek v275 driver from several places off the web and while it installs ok, and correctly identifies the stick as 'connected', it doesn't respond during calibration in ananlogue mode and is totally spastic in digital.

I read that there were issues with this stick/W95 and a patch was realsed. No luck finding it, but I assumed the v275 driver was the upgraded any way. Saitek/MadCatz doesn't keep an old driver repository.

Im running sticks through a Thrustmaster ACM gamecard. Nascar Pro wheel/pedals are fine. TMscope doesn't give 'sane' readings for the Cyborg though..

EDIT: pulled the gamecard and testing sound card game ports, with no luck..

Reply 3 of 3, by pewpewpew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

[Necro for the win!]

tincup wrote on 2012-07-01, 14:45:

I read that there were issues with this stick/W95 and a patch was realsed. No luck finding it, but I assumed the v275 driver was the upgraded any way. Saitek/MadCatz doesn't keep an old driver repository.

Just possibly that was this different patch for the gameport Cyborg 3D on XP.
ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/cyborg3d.zip

here's a translation of the txt file it includes

================================================== ==============================
Patch for Saitek Cyborg 3D digital joystick with gameport connection and Windows XP
!!! Not compatible with other devices / versions !!
================================================== ==============================
Installation Guide:
=======================
* Double click on the "cyborg3d.reg" file and confirm the following window with "Yes"
* Open Control Panel / Game Controller, click "Add" and select "Cyborg 3d" from the list
* All 10 buttons should now be available

I've just gone through everything in ftp.saitek looking for the Cyborg 3D USB drivers, and they really-o-truely are not there. No luck with wayback either, thanks to ASP. The only source I've found is Softpedia. They've currently got SD_WinXP_4_3_3_1727drivers.exe [md5sum 8348f9517c27e557bd4162ca42a23661]. It checks okay on Virustotal, but still..

If you or anyone would like to upload the Cyborg 3D USB CD iso to one of the public archives, that would definitely fill a gap.