VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was wondering why just me who needed fixes for Mobil 1 Rally (aka Rally 2000 Championship). It turned out to be the service pictures were corrupted (they've always displayed distorted inside the game, but not outside), so I reinstalled and everything worked out fine with no need for a fix. Otherwise the game would crash right before this screen on Windows XP and 7 (on XP I got around this with the EmulateHeap flag on ACT 5.6, which doesn't seem to work under Win7) and somehow has always worked for me on Windows 98. Anyway, I just wanna share this if anyone is experiencing something similar.

Reply 1 of 2, by PhaytalError

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for the info! 😁

This one time, back in the day, I purchased Star Wars: KOTOR for PC at a local retail store and while the CDs looked perfect, the data itself on the CDs were totally corrupted. The people at the customer service were reluctant to replace it, but in the end they finally did after I had to get the store manager involved.

Needless to say the replacement was perfect. It was the first time I had ever bought a retail game and for all the data across CD(s) to be totally corrupted. I've never bought anything floppy based or DISC based be corrupted, used or new! 😳

DOS Gaming System: MS-DOS, AMD K6-III+ 400/ATZ@600Mhz, ASUS P5A v1.04 Motherboard, 32 MB RAM, 17" CRT monitor, Diamond Stealth 64 3000 4mb PCI, SB16 [CT1770], Roland MT-32 & Roland SC-55, 40GB Hard Drive, 3.5" Floppy Drive.

Reply 2 of 2, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In my case I only found out more than 10 years later, but I suspected since the begining as they never looked right until now. Luckly it was only a bad instalation. I was still using the same instalation from that time.