VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Anyone got this working properly? I can get it to run, but it runs way too slow to play and has choppy sound. I tried many fixes in ACT 5.6 without success. Please let me know if you have more luck than me.

Reply 1 of 3, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Interesting to know you can get it running without DOSBox in Win7, something I'll be looking into when I upgrade to Win7! Are you running the Win95 version?

I can point you to my thread about how I got it to work perfectly on XP (at least for me, on SP3 currently): How to get Need For Speed Special Edition working perfectly in Windows XP

Not sure if that will work on Win7 though. Try disabling the sound first, if it runs smoothly then it's something to do with that...

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 2 of 3, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, I'm running the Win95 version. Interesting that it runs at normal speed on cockpit views, but on external views and menus it lags like hell. The XP fix does not fix it under Win7, additional flags are needed. "SingleProcAffinity" is needed for it to start at all, but also seems to be the lag cause. Guess I'll be able to run it under XP mode, since it worked fine on XP with that fix.

Reply 3 of 3, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

YES!!! I did it!!! It may crash on exit, though.
Edit: Updated fix available. Still needs minor improvings.

Attachments

• Filename
    NFSSE7.rar
    File size
    581 Bytes
    Downloads
    185 downloads
    File comment
    Version #3. Just a minor update. May fix crashes during gameplay. A random freeze/defrost was reported.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception