VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Deadalus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello fellas, a new guy here; got some questions regarding some old Windows games:

-Agile Warrior F-111X (PC port of a PSX game with same title): Running the game executable will lead into graphics setup menu, but once I press OK, nothing happens (Windows 7), using Windows 98 VMWare, it works, although it randomly CTDs for no reason
-Crime Killer (once again, another PC port from PSX game): During the language selection screen, I have to use joystick to choose selection (even if I didn't plug any joystick), even if I set the control to Keyboard in the options menu.
-B-Hunter (or Bounty Hunter, whatever it called) : This one's quite obvious, as stated here: http://games.multimedia.cx/bhunter/

I’ve experienced the same bug as well, the entire screen goes into a HOM(Hall of Mirrors) effect we all remember from games like Doom or Duke 3D when a level was ‘leaking’ or if you used a dev code to go into empty space. I’m unsure what exactly triggers the event, it depends on what you do and it’s really touchy. Does anyone know from experience if this situation occurs on any older operating systems? Is there any 3rd party fix for the problem? I know the company isn’t supporting it anymore.

Windows 7, too. From what I've read somewhere, it works in Windows 98 with some 'graphical sacrifices' though...
-Team47 GoMan (a mech game) : Encountered severe graphical problem as in attached screenshot (Windows 7). Could be a problem with the skybox?
-Both Uprising games (Uprising: Join or Die and Uprising 2: Lead and Destroy) on Windows 7; tried using dgVooDoo but the menu screen is entirely in black (or perhaps I should use nGlide instead?).
Any help shall be appreciated.

Attachments

Reply 3 of 4, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For the Uprising - use nGlide as the glide wrapper.
Still - the main menu is ddraw (messed in Win7 by NecroSoft itself) and isn't working correctly.

The best way - install WinXp 32-bit as the second OS.