VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just a quickie. Has anyone got this game running in 3dfx mode under windows 7 x64? Game just crashes as soon as launched in all compatibility modes for me 🙁

Reply 1 of 11, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Gamecollector can probably answer this if you were trying to run the game with the nglide wrapper.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 2 of 11, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, I still don't use Vista/Win7. So - I can't say exact way...
IIRC the game is using InstallShield3 (16-bit), so you must copy the cd content to HDD, copy 32-bit IS3 setup32.exe and then install.
The game itself need EmulateSlowCPU ACT fix only, w/o any compatibility mode.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 3 of 11, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Before I try it, will the 32bit application fix you stated (EmulateSlowCPU) work in windows x64 ok? Also where do i get this 32-bit IS3 setup32.exe file?

Reply 4 of 11, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Bladeforce wrote:

Also where do i get this 32-bit IS3 setup32.exe file?

Google ofcourse

http://toastytech.com/files/Is3Engine.zip

Reply 5 of 11, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok great stuff i got it installed in windows 7 x64. Made the application fix and applied it to the main exe and it still crashes upon running. I have put dgvoodoo in the installed dir too. Tried with compatibility set to 95 and 98 still no go. Also updated the game with 1.50 patch still nothing

Last edited by Bladeforce on 2012-12-23, 01:47. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 6 of 11, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Have you tried the nGlide wrapper? It usually works better in Windows 7 than dgVoodoo and it's more updated.

Reply 7 of 11, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just tried with nglide wrapper after deleting dgvoodoo from installed dir, exactly the same "Ultim@te Race Pro has stopped working" Tried with/without compatibility modes set on exe

Reply 8 of 11, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just installed it myself from my Voodoo2 bundled disc and I get the same problem as you and Zeus on Nglide:
http://www.zeus-software.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=285

Seems the game can't be run on 64bit Windows 7 at the current moment (I am writing "current" since there may be some smart bloke in the future who creates a fanpatch)

Reply 11 of 11, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is all very exciting; I only got the game to work on Win7 via WinXP in VMWare Player with Direct3D enabled and nGlide... phew. I wonder if it'll work in Win8 when I get it...

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor