Common searches

Actua Tennis

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 29, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just an idea the error seems to be a driver problem the link I posted says it worked on earlier drivers
perhaps if you use a glide wrapper that does glide to opengl rather than glide to d3d (like nglide) it may work

try openglide (make sure nglide is totally removed)
http://openglide.sourceforge.net/

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 22 of 29, by [Zeus]

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Bladeforce wrote:

Is this just a program that we will never get going on a 64bit platform Zeus?

The thing is the game works fine on all my x64 systems (2x win7 x64 + win8 x64).

This "API error" issue is hard to replicate, but I'll do new tests after nGlide 1.01 release.

Reply 24 of 29, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for trying Zeus 😀

Tried the new exe and it works in network only mode but for some reason the cd isn't recognized now so cant play the full game

Works the same with "Disable Desktop Composition" on or off

Reply 25 of 29, by [Zeus]

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Bladeforce wrote:

Tried the new exe and it works in network only mode but for some reason the cd isn't recognized now so cant play the full game

What exactly do you see? A message box? What does it say? What happens if you click its buttons?

Or maybe you're in game menu, but game modes are grayed out?

What's your installation type? (Is it Full? Check tennis.ini in game folder). Do you have 'gfx2' folder in game root directory with 51 files in it?

Reply 26 of 29, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

OK. There are 51 files in the gfx2 folder, my install is full and the error states

"Insert Actua Tennis CD in Drive 0\ to continue with game"

If I click retry I just get the same error and if I select cancel I get this error

"CD Missing. Only Network Game is available"

I can then only select network mode from main menu even though the game disc is in drive d:

Reply 28 of 29, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks [zeus] Tennis5.exe works a treat! Tennis4 gave me an API error again but Tennis5.exe works great, full game and everything.

Just in case we got lost on how it works for me
Installed Game
Copied gfx2.16 to install dir
Copied Tennis5.exe to installed dir and run no compatibility settings at all

MANY MANY THANKS!