VOGONS

Forumla 1 '97 3dfx

Topic actions

First post, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, may I ask if anyone has the knowledge on why this 3dfx exe (f1win) won't work at all
Crashes out with an error

"The instruction at 77868da9 referenced memory at 00000014. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the application"

ntdll.dll is causing the crap out in the dropdown box error

The D3D exe runs with the act fix but crashes out with a ddraw.dll error when starting a race or going back to the menu after the demo mode

Windows 7 x64

edit I can start grand prix mode in d3d mode but it crashes when finishing the level and goes back to the menu. Selecting Aracde mode i can set everything up but it crashes before starting level

Reply 1 of 5, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There's some patches exe I think for F1 97 (less patches floating about than F1 95!), there's a Voodoo2 fixed on on http://www.patches-scrolls.de/ for example. Don't know if that will help or not though. What wrapper are you using?

Last edited by VirtuaIceMan on 2013-01-10, 17:18. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 5, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for trying 😀 I tried that patch and I still get the same error I had previously. I am using nglide wrapper

Reply 3 of 5, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

the 3dfx version seems to be working here. I have the same crash with the D3D version. Win7 x86.

Reply 4 of 5, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Might need a compatibility mode against the exe?

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 5 of 5, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've tried all the compatibility modes against both exes I'm afraid. Like I say the 3dfx one is just a no go and the d3d crashes after the demo or going back to menu