VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by RainingBagels

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Not sure if this issue has already been addressed, but I thought I would ask anyways. I have been trying to run old games from my childhood and I was able to get MSB Inside the Earth to run just by extracting it, mounting it and running; however I haven't had the same success with the other MSB games. I was able to install MSB Dinosaur through D-Fend Reloaded but everytime I try to run the game it makes my computer screen look like this without running anything: msbproblems.jpg

The program pops up in Task Manager which I would guess means that the program is running but something is preventing it from running properly. I am using an HP laptop running Vista 64bit, 2gb ram. If there is anything else that I need to include please let me know, thanks in advance

Reply 2 of 6, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Looks like it's in 256 color mode, also is it a Windows 3.1 game? If so, you will have to install Windows 3.1 in dosbox first. Search the forums on how to do it

Reply 3 of 6, by RainingBagels

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Its a Windows 95 game, but I've had a lot of trouble trying to get it to work. I've tried everything that I could think of as far as compatibility mode and using different programs to install the games.

Reply 4 of 6, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RainingBagels wrote:

Its a Windows 95 game

Mobygames says Windows 3.x , or at least that there might be a Win3.x version available. Of course, Mobygames isn't right all the time.

You probably just got lucky with Inside the Earth. The only thing that might be easy to fix is if the game uses some old version of Quicktime. Are there any .qt or .mov files on the disc?

In any case, D-Fend Reloaded isn't going to help you at all. You would probably be best off running it inside Windows 98 via Virtual PC.