VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Dybdal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey everyone!

Dont know if anyone out there can assist me with these issues but i thought it was worth the effort.

I've got a problem with two games, that i simply cannot get working.

1.) Outlaws.. I've been able to install & patch the game though the usage of a VMware XP machine but i cannot get the music to work at all, i've been looking though my reg and the only thing i've found that would point the game in the general direction of the music is the key "Source Path="D:" but regardless of me trying to change it, or whatever.. music keeps quiet.
is there anyone that knows weather or not the key "Source Path" is what i should be looking at reg wise? or is there other keys that im not seeing

Is there anyone that knows anything about Outlaws music? what format is it in? where is it located on the CD? is it possible to get the game to play it from the harddrive?

2.) South Park (The Video Game) .. yeah the game is bad, and i know there's a N64 version of the game but i would really like to get this game to work on a PC. call me nostalgic but i kinda like this game.. its wacky and stupid but its southpark.

I know it runs of a slighty modified Turok2 engine and seeing as Turok2 can be made to run on modern OS's its not a stretch to believe the same could be said for SouthPark.

Anyway.. i really pray that someone can help if only abit

Reply 3 of 9, by Dybdal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, i made progress on the part of Outlaws.. got the music working and figured out the key "SourcePath="D:" has nothing to do with music playback within the game.

Found out that track1 on my CD had bit corruption and since it was the track used by the game to replay music, nothing was working as it should. So i had to get a CD image elsewhere to fix the problem, found out that even though i setup a virtual CD-Drive as D: it would not play music.. but would run the game, it wasnt until i Burned a copy of the image and put it into an actual CD-Drive that the music started playing.

So what i found out is that "SourcePath" isnt connected to the music portion of the game and without any form of CFG files connected with the game, my mission of trying to get this game to play without a CD inserted is going to hit a very dead end right here.

Reply 4 of 9, by Dybdal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh and about SouthPark, its going to need someone with debug'ing abilitys to figure out whats going on with that game.

It dosnt give off any error codes, and the process just terminates after a short period but since it uses a engine that is known to work it should be fixable by someone who knows programming.

Reply 5 of 9, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe ask at assemblergames forum, someone there fixed Ford Racing 2 not booting!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 7 of 9, by Dybdal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Bumping my old thread with another related problem.

After re-installing Outlaws recently, i cannot for the the life of me get the d3d patch to work on my new computer.
I can install the game with the german made 64bit installer or by doing it in a WMWare machine and i can play the game just fine but when i try to run the d3d patch on my own computer, it complains that it cant find the game (so im guessing its a reg entry problem) i then decided to try it on the WMWare machine running XP that installed the game normaly and it works perfectly there.

So i move over the installed folder from the WMWare machine to my Win7 installation, export everything from the reg on the winxp wmware machine with anything related to "LucasArts or Outlaws" and add them to my Win7 reg on top of the reg files allready added by the german installer thingy... aaaaaand no dice' the resolution is still capped at 1280xsomething instead of going all the way up to 2000xsomething as it does on the WMWare machine.

So what im asking or praying for here' is abit of assistance from someone who's abit computer savy on the more technical side'

What i want to know is what the D3Dupdate for Outlaws actualy does? what reg entry keys does it change? what files does it unpack? if anyone is kind enough to take a stab at this, the file is here: http://www.lucasarts.com/support/update/outlaws.html

anywho..any help would be sweet here'

Reply 9 of 9, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I managed to get Warlords III: Darklords Rising running with the CD audio on my Win7 machine by making a cue/bin image and mounting it in Daemon Tools. I had to initially install it on my XP box and transfer the files, then swap the drive letters around so my virtual drive would be D, but it was worth it.