VOGONS

Common searches

Pc frogger game 1997 version

Topic actions

First post, by gow75

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😕 how can i get Frogger pc version to run in dosbox. I have the CD and want to play it. I am running Windows 7 pro version with latest dos box installed. do i copy the contents of the cd to a folder then run. will it run in dosbox?

Reply 3 of 27, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

ms prompt ???

"do i copy the contents of the cd to a folder then run"

No you absolutely dont do that you run autorun or setup.exe or install.exe

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 4 of 27, by gow75

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok im more confused now i got one person saying i cant use Dos box but that i can use MSDOS. another that i can install it and it works on windows 7 which is it. please provide breakdown how i should approach this. thanks

Reply 7 of 27, by Kurasiu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I played Frogger 3D not that long ago, on a Windows 7, 64-bit version, even without nGlide, it should work perfectly normal for you. And regarding music - weren't those CD-DA tracks?

Reply 8 of 27, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

who told you you can use msdos ?
i was asking what the hell is a ms prompt ?

have you installed the game ?
install to c:\games\frogger (dont install in program files or program files(x86)
is your windows version 64bit ?
is the frogger installer 16bit or 32bit ?

Reply 9 of 27, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The Frogger installer is 32-bit. The Frogger game is 32-bit and uses DirectX. I've also played the game in 64-bit Windows 7.

Last edited by leileilol on 2013-03-21, 22:21. Edited 1 time in total.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 10 of 27, by gow75

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

MS prompt umm dos prompt same diference. yes i installed it on my windows 7 pro 64bit pc. how do i determine if the installer is 16 or 32 bit. the game is Frogger (1997) on pc made for Windows 98/95

Reply 11 of 27, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

so you saying when you run frogger you see this ????
dosjeu.jpg

that is the nearest thing win7 has to a msdos prompt............

ps: if the installer worked dont worry about it
what folder did you install to ?

Reply 12 of 27, by gow75

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

no i do not see that. I run the frogger.exe from the disk and run thru the wizard and installs fine but when i launch it doesnt work. just get the MS crash report sorry didnt know you meant that. says to send or dont send annoying popup. my specs are Windows 7 pro 64bit, I3 processor, biostar, 8gig of ram. nvidia 8800gts video card.

Reply 13 of 27, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I get it.

gow75 wrote:

thank you but i have installed it on windows 7 and it crashes i get the send to MS Prompt, send or dont send. thats it. i do use a cd crack of course because i dont want to keep the cd in it.

Does it work if you don't use the CD crack? Maybe you have a CD crack for the wrong version.

gow75 wrote:

i love your And gate picture...

Thank you, it is an artistic piece of LabVIEW code.

Reply 16 of 27, by gow75

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so i got it to work without dosbox or nglide, but one issue when i start the game music doesnt work any way to fix that. also i am running the video in 640/480 so it works that way just no music.

Reply 18 of 27, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

There's no way to fix that in Windows 7. Windows 7 took out MCI CD audio functions.

What about using XP Mode? I know that's not available for Windows 8, but it's present for Windows 7.