VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 27, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The dialog of which you speak is exceptionally common.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control

Unless it pops up unexpectedly (i.e. when you didn't try to run a program that you downloaded from a site that does appears reliable), just answer "Yes" and get on with it.

Reply 22 of 27, by snowflake

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Now it is saying: The version of tis file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information t see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.............. WTF!!!! I have done everything right.

Reply 24 of 27, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The aforementioned "King's Quest Collection (2006)" download will work with the version you have. They probably just included "Vista" on the box in subsequent reprints.

snowflake wrote:

Now it is saying: The version of tis file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information t see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.............. WTF!!!! I have done everything right.

Evidently not.

What, exactly, are you running?

Also, please stop making multiple posts. If you need to add something to a post you just made, you can use the Edit button in the upper-right corner of your post. (It is kind of tiny and looks a little like the letter Q.)

Reply 25 of 27, by snowflake

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

well this fer ducking sucks I am using my phone to gt internet because cable or any phone company wont come out here without a phone line. So I am trying to find out how to get this game going so I can paly it. Last time I played it I was in a place in Kings Quest 7 call ooga boogy land or some shit and the cd blew into peaces in the drver. lollol it was bad news.

Windows7 Hom Premium 2009
Model: HP Pavilion dv7 otebook PC
Processor: AMD Turion Ultra Dual- Core Mobile 2.50GHz
64-bit OpS

Last edited by snowflake on 2013-04-23, 19:39. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 26 of 27, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you want help, will you please just answer the question?

Jorpho wrote:

What, exactly, are you running?

Are you running KQCollectionSetup.exe ? Because that is what you are supposed to be running. Do not run anything else. If Windows warns you about running it, click Yes.

Reply 27 of 27, by snowflake

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thank you for your help I figerd it out I did not have the game fully installed on my pc before I ran the program thank you so much you have helped me out alot.