VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 41 of 45, by sheath

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That's pretty interesting. I didn't know there was a PowerVR version of Biohazard, is it playable by English speakers? If the game didn't control worse worse than basically anything else before or after it I'd be curious to try this out with my M3D and my Kyro II 3D Prophet even though that probably won't work. I wonder if the main VGA card can affect the image at all as I have a Mystique 8MB hooked up along with whatever AGP card I'm testing at the time.

Reply 42 of 45, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The Kyro series have absolutely NO SGL support whatsoever, so that would be a waste of time.

And yes, the host's video will affect it. The PCX2 pipes through to your host video card. It'll display as sharp as that. It'll even work through a laptop's docking station if you're insane enough to try that 😀

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 43 of 45, by sheath

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I was wondering about that. The host card's output is all that matters though right? Not it's rendering or resolution capabilities?

Hah, I can't imagine how I'd even connect an M3D to a laptop, clever wiring scheme?

-edit-

Does Biohazard for Power VR not work with Direct 3D at all?

Reply 44 of 45, by denkiman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all,i just open my new old stock Matrox M3D tonight.

The very first problem that i met is that scanning lines are clealy visible than D3D version.

My main VGA card is 3Dfx voodoo5 5500 AGP and my monitor is 19-inches LCD.

Any help will be appreciated.

Reply 45 of 45, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Perhaps your V5 is applying its 4x1 filter on the surface the PCX2 is using, treating it as a video overlay. PCX2 does not give purple "scanlines", Voodoo1/3/4/5 do. Maybe unchecking Render Overlay in the PowerVR's advanced settings would help this behavior

apsosig.png
long live PCem