VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In the singleplayer demo it's able to detect my 1680x1050 max fullscreen resolution and use it without crashing, the retail version patched to v1.1 thinks I can only go up to 1400x1050... editing the .CFG file and trying to run it pops up a error saying it's "not supported" and reverts to 640x480x16.

If you open the .ICD file (which is the actual game's executable not really a "ICD") there's a dialog from some old old version of the game that had a checkbox that says "Run in a window" however there does not appear to be a window mode variable anywhere in the .cfg or in the executable itself.

I don't know what D3D this runs, can't get D3DWindower to hook into the program, unsure what other hooks out there might do the job, can anyone offer a suggestion what I can do? Doesn't make sense why the original singleplayer demo supports 1680x1050 and not the 1.1 retail...

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 2 of 4, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm surprised it runs at all... I'm still stumped on how to get the retail to see 1680x1050x32, I swear it worked FINE in the demo..

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 4 of 4, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Haven't tried that but the demo for Redline has the same .EXE name. I also love how this game bitches when you have a "debugger" running because of safedisc protection...

EDIT: I think this may be due to the game trying to grab a 32-bit zbuffer... not sure how to make it shut up though.

― Κυνικός Δράκων