VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by gammer4life

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I currently use windows 7 and 3 games I have need windows 95 and I can't get them to run so I thought about getting a copy of windows 95 but I have no idea how to partition a drive make my current hardware work etc... I really could use help.

Reply 1 of 7, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Last Intel chipset support: 920 (partial), 875 (full).
Last VIA chipset support: P4M900.
Last ATi GPU support - Radeon X850.
Last NVidia GPU support - GF 6800.
If your's PC is above these requirements - there is no way to run Win9x properly. No drivers.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 3 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gammer4life wrote:

I currently use windows 7 and 3 games I have need windows 95 and I can't get them to run

Why don't you tell us what the games are? There might be a way of getting them to run that isn't quite so labor intensive. As Mr. Pusher suggests, generally a virtual machine is the way to go.

Reply 4 of 7, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just to add, VMWare Player is free. But you can't stretch full screen in VMWare Player (needs VMWare Workstation for that), iirc.

And yeah, I'll be interested to know what those games are.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 6 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

All three of those are available from GOG.com (I think), so they can probably be made to run under Windows 7 one way or another.

Are you having problems getting the games installed? See http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10988 .

Reply 7 of 7, by Kurasiu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Journeyman Project Turbo should work on 7, unless it's a 64-bit system, but it requires 256 colour mode. Nevertheless I can confirm the first two parts are working flawlessly under VirtualPC with Windows 98 installed. If I recall correctly I also tried running the third one on 7, and it worked, but it had terribly choppy audio, because of DirectSound acceleration, which, to my knowlegde, cannot be turned off in Vista/7/8.