VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Xviin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there

I have a problem with old games on windows 7(x86), actually with only one game at the moment, i have a 1998 game called "Esoteria: Techno-Assassin of the future" and i have a text problem in the game, the main menu is fine (New game, options e.t.c) but when i go to options the text is messed up all i can see is morse code scattered around the screen, i tried to run the game in different compatibility modes, the game runs only in 95 and 98 windows but no change, searched the internet for two days but not even close to text problems on old games, thats why i'm making this post here, if you guys know how to fix this please help me

Here are my specs, not that they're necessary

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40GHz 3G RAM NVidia GeForce 9600GT 512Mb

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 2, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Looks like a Korean game.
http://www.amazon.com/Esoteria-Techno-Assassi … e/dp/B0002VU6RO

The "morse code" is probably Windows attempting to display Korean text without a suitable Korean font available. In that case, even if you install the right font, the menu will be in Korean.

And to be quite clear, there is generally no way to magically make a Korean game display its text in English, unless it specifically has a language option already.

Reply 2 of 2, by Xviin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found out what the problem was and it was not a korean font...the game is in english, the "morse code" text was from the "hardware acceleration" option, which i cant disable in windows 7, Nvidia and AMD prevent the users from turning it off, only older windows, XP and older. thank you for the reply anyway