VOGONS

Common searches

Final Fantasy 8 and stuttering sound

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by AlucarD86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Final Fantasy 7 and 8 are both available now on steam and I recommend getting them ! Also the sound was fixed in FF7 as well so it should sound likte the Playstation version and better than the original FF7 disc version. I was never able to install FF8 on my Win XP PC way back in my days but the Steam version plays like a dream on any modern PC out there. System Shock 2 is also finally available on GoG and Steam and for the Resi fans, Resident Evil 4 PC HD will be available in late february this year 2014 on steam, I am looking very much for ward to that epic game, cheers

PC Setup: Mainboard ASUS CUBX | CPU Intel Pentium III-S Tualatin 1.4 GHz | Memory 780 MB SDRam | Soundcard Creative SB Audigy SB0160 | GPUs Nvidia FX5900 Ulta Matrox M3D PCI | HDD 2x40 GB WD/Seagate | OS Win98SE and WinXPSP1 in dual boot

Reply 21 of 24, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
AlucarD86 wrote:

Also the sound was fixed in FF7 as well

From what I've read they haven't done this to FF8 yet. How does the steam version sound btw?

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 22 of 24, by AlucarD86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

FF8 sounds great on steam, honestly I tried installing the disc version of FF8 on Win98 and WinXp with no luck whatsoever but the Steam version plays like a charm and I am using Win 7 Home 64 Bit. Here is a gameplay sample I took from FF8 PC Steam version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N03GifNZDpE

sounds great to me. I never played the Playstation original thou so I dunno exactly how well the music is.

PC Setup: Mainboard ASUS CUBX | CPU Intel Pentium III-S Tualatin 1.4 GHz | Memory 780 MB SDRam | Soundcard Creative SB Audigy SB0160 | GPUs Nvidia FX5900 Ulta Matrox M3D PCI | HDD 2x40 GB WD/Seagate | OS Win98SE and WinXPSP1 in dual boot

Reply 23 of 24, by DNSDies

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/FF8/Tools

This site has everything you need to make the original FF7 and FF8 PC releases stop sounding so ass-like.
It has a lot of resources for SBLive users, regarding soundfonts.

Reply 24 of 24, by Holering

User metadata

Who cares about the PSX version of Final Fantasy VII, honestly...? Upgraded from 98SE to 95C, installed FIX95CPU.ZIP (available @ mdgx.com) on my AM3+ piledriver setup. Only have a few characters left to reach level 99. Playstation can only dream about running Final Fantasy VII with Zbuffered polygons in high resolution 640x480 with epic anti-aliasing, yamaha xg sw70, paletted textures, 16bit color + dithering, and 160hz monitor refresh rate without crashing; that includes Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube, Xbox, Xbox 360, ps3, Wii, Wiiu, Xbox One, and Ps4. I'm sure 95C with piledriver and rage128 pro can tear through Resident Evil the same way; as a matter of fact, I KNOW it does.