VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by rutamor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So, I'm dying to play simtown again, but i can't seem to be able to install it, and so, I can't play it. I have downloaded it, but with no iso-file I cannot mount a virtual cd. If I click one of the many .exe setup files I get the message "wing32 dll is missing from your computer", If I understand correctly that is because it is no longer part of the newer windows installations. I have played many old games in dosbox before, but simtown does not seem to work, and is not on the compatability-list either. Can anybody help?

Reply 1 of 1, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
rutamor wrote:

I have downloaded it

Illegally downloaded games are not generally supported here, particularly because there is no way of knowing if a downloaded copy is complete and not missing important files.

If I click one of the many .exe setup files I get the message "wing32 dll is missing from your computer", If I understand correctly that is because it is no longer part of the newer windows installations.

The WinG package can be easily downloaded from any number of places, such as http://www.sierrahelp.com/GeneralHelp/GraphicsProblems.html .

I have played many old games in dosbox before, but simtown does not seem to work, and is not on the compatability-list either.

SimTown is a Windows game. DOSBox is for DOS games. SImTown will never run in DOSBox, unless perhaps you run it in Windows 3.x in DOSBox.