VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Valet2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So... Once again: do I have a chance to play older games with the latest uber-3d setup? The specs are:

GTX465, Quadro 600
ASUS VG278h
Win7-64

Renaming exe's, DDD, iz3d don't help at all! For example, if I rename shock2.exe into something else the game stays 2d, but it's 0,1 fps slow! Games with iz3d seem to be in 3d (the image is doubled), but the emitter doesn't turn on!

What the hell!? There are hundreds of awesome games that are unsupported at all! The only way to play them in stereo is to put an old damn machine with WinXP, some old GeForce (up to 7xxx), old drivers (up to 163.75), a giant CRT-monitor that takes too much space, and use old wired shatter-glasses, but even in this way I get poor experience.

--- Old Habits Never Die ---

Reply 1 of 5, by STX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No. Nvidia 3D Vision only works with Windows Vista and later, and DirectX 6 & 7 often have compatibility issues with Windows Vista and later. Nvidia and Microsoft know that they would not profit from working on DirectX 6 & 7 compatibility nowadays, so the situation has zero chance of improving. Here's a list of games that should work well with your equipment:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nvidia_3 … ion_Ready_games
If you want to play old DirectX 6 & 7 games with just a normal monitor on that system, you may have good luck with a separate Windows XP (32-bit) partition.

Reply 2 of 5, by Valet2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've built up an old pc just for old games to play in stereo. If everything goes okay I'll buy a good 19" CRT monitor which can handle 1024x768 @ 118 Hz (the maximum resolution is 1920x1440).

Reply 3 of 5, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've used Nvidia's stereoscopic driver in the past for cross-eyed gaming on XP 32-bit. You might have to find some older version for that. As I recall it worked with most OpenGL and DX 7 games, but had limited success with DX 8 and 9.

If you're using shutter glasses (I would recommend cross-eyed though!), see if you can find a CRT with some higher refresh rates than 118Hz. They aren't very common, but can be had very cheap nowadays, if you can find one.

Reply 4 of 5, by Valet2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sure! I have the latest driver that supports old shutter glasses (before nvidia has turned it all into 3D Vision). ftp://ftp.valet2.com/3d-ochki/
Forceware 163.75 (and stereo-driver 162.50), this one have a new interface, but it's still possible to turn on the classic panel and enable old shutter glasses. Newer versions don't support it anymore.

I've already checked Aliens versus Predator with 118 Hz (2x59) - looks great! I notice no flickering, what I can't say about 3D Vision.

n6qi.jpgrbii.jpg

Reply 5 of 5, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sol_HSA had been working on a wrapper, then he pretty much stopped:
directx / opengl / whatever wrappers and 3d vision

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto