VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Tiffany

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have Where in the usa is carmen sandiego(1999) and I have dfend reloaded. I have windows 7(ugh). When I try to play this game using dfend it says it can't run a windows executable file. I am unsure what I'm doing wrong. I have tried to find a walkthrough on how to play a game from a disc on dfend with no luck. What I find is vague at best. Also I can't use regular dosbox because i do not have the correct slash key and my colon and semi colon are on the same key and will only type a semi colon in dosbox. I could use any help I can get here. I am new to all this so If you could give easy to follow directions or point me to where some are that would be great. Thanks

Reply 1 of 2, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tiffany wrote:

I have Where in the usa is carmen sandiego(1999) and I have dfend reloaded. I have windows 7(ugh). When I try to play this game using dfend it says it can't run a windows executable file. I am unsure what I'm doing wrong.

DOSBox (and by extension, Dfend) are for running DOS games.

If you have a game from 1999, it most likely would have been designed to run under Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition and/or Windows Millennium. It would not have been designed for MS-DOS typically by that point.

Therefore Dfend is giving you correct feedback: you have a Windows game and most likely need to install and run the game in Windows.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 2 of 2, by Tiffany

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh I thought this game could be played using the dosbox. It says it runs on windows 98,me,2000 and xp. I have windows 7. The computer will run the game but after a very short time it says the game has stopped working and then shuts down. We just got another pc that has windows xp so I'll play it there. Thanks