VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Maal656

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the following problem with game "Superbike 2001". When I try to start the game, during its load I get a "D3D: Invalid Video Mode" error.

I've tried this game with both Windows XP (DirectX 9.0b) and Windows 98 SE (DirectX 8.0a), but in both systems fails.

As I can't find any patch for this game, I would like to know if anyone knows how to solve this problem.

My computer is as follows:

AMD Athlon 800
384 Mb RAM
AOpen Geforce3 Ti200, 128 Mb DDR
Soundblaster 128 PCI
Operating Systems: Windows XP SP1 and Windows 98 SE

Reply 1 of 4, by Bonesaw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm that's weird. I also have a ti200 and the game runs fine on xp. Assuming you have the latest nvidia drivers, have you tried rolling back to the previous ones? I did this to fix a problem with Enemy Territory.

I would also try maybe changing your desktop video mode and also making the game run in the same resolution and color depth as your desktop.

I was also shocked they never released a patch for this game, the game runs pretty smooth but tends to really crank the cpu temp on my Athlon xp.

Reply 2 of 4, by Maal656

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thansk for your answer, Bonesaw!!

I think it isn't a problem of nvidia drivers: In WindowsXP I have installed the latests ones, but in Windows98 I have installed the driver which comes with the graphic card.

I tried to start the game changing the desktop resolution to 640x480 (the resolution used in EA Sport logo screen) and the game worked! After loading correctly the game, I can change the resolution inside the game to the correct 1024x768, so the game is perfectly playable in Windows98. 😁

As in WindowsXP I can't choose a resolution of 640x480, I'll try the compatibility mode of "Run with a screen resolution of 640x480", to see if it works and if I can select a higher resolution inside the game...

Reply 3 of 4, by Bonesaw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey np and good luck.

Hey do you or anyone else know a site or program that supports this game for finding other players? I don't think I've ever played online with any of the sbk games. The closest I came was when my friend said he finally bought it but then we found out he bought sbk 2000 or something. doh!