VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by MrHacker234

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

So i refreshed one game from my childhood, it's Mobil 1 Rally Championship...I know, this game has lot of problems with newer systems (2000 or higher), but i can't play on Windows 7 (nightmare from XP, desynchronizing sound). I've looking all days/night how to fix this...And i found on your site! And problem it's solved. But...One problem is NOT resolved. When i choose the stage/start championship, after 5 minutes of driving on the stage...the game stops, minimizes, and Windows welcome with error "Ral.exe has stopped working". The file, which causes the problem, it's ddraw.dll. This is Direct Draw library? Anyone has solution how to fix this ?

PS: Sorry about errors in my grammar, but i belive, most of you can understand, what i writing 😁

Reply 1 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MrHacker234 wrote:

I know, this game has lot of problems with newer systems (2000 or higher), but i can't play on Windows 7 (nightmare from XP, desynchronizing sound). I've looking all days/night how to fix this...And i found on your site! And problem it's solved.

You will have to tell us more about exactly what you did.

Have you seen Rally Championship 2000 with Nvidia 9800... ? And Possible fix for Mobil 1 Rally Championship a.k.a. Rally Championship 2000 !!! ?

The file, which causes the problem, it's ddraw.dll. This is Direct Draw library?

But of course. Unfortunately, such a problem could be caused by any number of things.

Reply 2 of 4, by MrHacker234

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Man, thanks for reply 😁

Jorpho wrote:

I have not seen first quote that you send me (i don't have problems with my drivers to my 8600 GT and FPS), but i used second guide, with affinity. We know, most of modern computers has multi-core processor (my computer isn't devil of speed, Pentium D, low frequency of RAM, but for old games is very goood 😀). Desynchronizing sound is gone, when i used affinity for one core. Before reading the guides, i installed RC 5.30 patch...and that's all.

But of course. Unfortunately, such a problem could be caused by any number of things.

So, please for example ? I have actual DirectX, with installed DX9 libraries 😉

Reply 3 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MrHacker234 wrote:

(i don't have problems with my drivers to my 8600 GT and FPS)

How do you know it isn't a driver problem? Does that mean you are using the latest drivers for your video card?

Also, did you try limiting the framerate, as suggested in that first thread?

Reply 4 of 4, by MrHacker234

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How do you know it isn't a driver problem? Does that mean you are using the latest drivers for your video card?

Okay, i try update drivers (honestly, i have not updated drivers from October...)

Also, did you try limiting the framerate, as suggested in that first thread?

No...but i must check my ral.cfg, and update it 😀. I will write, what happen's when i update ral.cfg on next line 😀

EDIT: Now can i say, the problem is SOLVED! I have updated drivers, but that's not the reason of the problems with ddraw.dll. I choose in NVIDIA Control Panel the Application Settings, and i set Anisotropic filtering on maximum, and i turn on Tripple Buffering. Now i have permanent 75 FPS on the stage (but decreases when i turn on the lights 😁), and i don't have any problems! Now i can play RC2000 without worries. Thanks for any help !;)