VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Glitchologteam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hello there, I would like to know if it is possible to film footage of my old Windows 98 computer and my IMAC from 1999?

I want to do some gameplay sample of my MAC and WIN 95 games, but unfortunatly for WIN 95 games they do not work at all on my PC (Bochs is useless). I would like to know if there is an adapter of some sort to make it possible to film footage (Else I wonder how people can do it on youtube)

My Win 98 computer only has a VGA Port and has a generic ''ACME'' Video Card but my IMAC 1999 has usb port and firewire port.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperDave341?feature=mhee

My Youtube Channel for PC/DOS Gameplays, Mortal Kombat and Glitch Related Video

Reply 1 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Look for screen recording programs. Quicktime might have been able back then on a mac.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Glitchologteam wrote:

but unfortunatly for WIN 95 games they do not work at all on my PC (Bochs is useless).

Which games, specifically? Surely not all of them are problematic.

I would like to know if there is an adapter of some sort to make it possible to film footage (Else I wonder how people can do it on youtube)

There are VGA capture cards, but they tend to be specialized and extremely expensive. There are other threads about them.

No idea what you can do with the Mac. I guess you would need some sort of Firewire camera? (I found http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=2 … 030415005120245 .) It might be cheaper to get a different Mac that can output VGA – if you can find a suitable capture device.

Also, you asked about that already.

Reply 3 of 4, by Glitchologteam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

thanks for the info and yes Im aware I already asked long ago and the problem got partially solved with VmWare with Windows XP Installed. Some Win95 and 98 games work but some still dont including
PGA Tour Golf Gold
Jet Moto (the pc version)
NBA Extreme
NHL 98
NHL 99
NFL Fever 2000

Instead of necromancing a thread, I recreated another one by asking further help related to the Macintosh

I would also like to add that I can run some Win 95 and 98 games sucessfully (star wars dark force II, pga tour golf 2000) but the main problem is that I have no way to make the game not full screen (is there a way to force windowed mode so i can film with hypercam? ) ,(FRAPS doesn'T support software mode games)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperDave341?feature=mhee

My Youtube Channel for PC/DOS Gameplays, Mortal Kombat and Glitch Related Video

Reply 4 of 4, by BuckoA51

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I used a Startech PEXHDCAP capture card to record VGA and other resolutions up to around 720p, worked great. Cost me just under £100. Obviously you will need a second PC with the capture card installed, it won't work in such an old PC.

play-old-pc-games.com