VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by TheAdict

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Various game titles tell me to install DirectX6 INTEL_INDEO_5, 06 and. DIRECTX MEDIA 6.
The Windows 98 Second Edition brings directx 6.1, I installed INDEO_5, 06, and I've seen windows 98 Second Edition comes with INDEO_5, 04.
The games run me. I currently have the computer updated to DirectX 8, but not if I install DirectX Media 6.
According I have read is a codec pack for video, sound, video acceleration, etc. and one of its features is "Directx_Show" I've also read that DirectX 8 and includes "Directx_Show".

How about you you know if you need to install DIRECTX_MEDIA_6 to increase compatibility and quality codecs already having DirectX 8?,
How about you you know if you can install after installing Directx 7 or 8.?
Or if from the DirectX version 6.1 brings already incorporated MEDIA DIRECTX 6?

Reply 1 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm confused. If you install DirectX 8 and you can run the games you want to play, why would you need to "increase compatibility and quality codecs" ? If it works, it works.

As per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX_Media , DirectShow and DirectX media were integrated into later versions of DirectX.

Reply 3 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Considering there was apparently a separate DirectX Media 6.1, I guess not, but why are you asking?

If you install DirectX 6, and some game doesn't work because it requires DirectX Media, then apparently you need to install it.