VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I imported a copy from the US to UK a while back, mine is the Expert Software re-release on a purple coloured CD, however... there's no CD soundtrack!

I replaced the soundtrack by ripping it from the PlayStation version and burning a new disc, but I don't know if the soundtrack on the PlayStation was the same as the PC version or not.

Does anyone have a copy of the PC version that they could rip the music from perhaps?

p.s. you can buy an updated/complete version of the soundtrack here: http://marktdkknight.bandcamp.com/album/cyberspeed-unleashed
...but that's not the same as the original disc version!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 2 of 15, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sent you PM

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 3 of 15, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If anyone else was keen to know; the PC soundtrack to CyberSpeed is the same as the PlayStation version, so if you are unfortunate enough to get a copy of the game with no music, just rip the data, download an ISO of the PlayStation version, mount it and rip the music, then combine both in a new burn onto a CD-ROM, job done!

Reply 4 of 15, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
VirtuaIceMan wrote:

If anyone else was keen to know; the PC soundtrack to CyberSpeed is the same as the PlayStation version, so if you are unfortunate enough to buy a copy of the game with no music, just rip the data, buy the PlayStation version, mount it and rip the music, then combine both in a new burn onto a CD-ROM, job done!

FTFY 😉

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 5 of 15, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You shouldn't keep the PSX version; it's just an intermediate step. Anyway the PC version has better graphics, so no need for the inferior one 😉

Reply 6 of 15, by TDK

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

If memory serves me correctly I had to cut the music tracks down in size for both of the platforms as we didn't have enough space on the disc for the full length versions.

You can download the original full size versions from my website - http://gamesounds.co.uk/downloads.html - and as mentioned before, there are updated recordings on bandcamp 😀

Mark.

Reply 7 of 15, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah I saw these, good stuff! I also found a way to get the PC version running on Win98, WinXP and Win7 (hopefully will work on 8.1 too, but not tried it yet):
CyberSpeed (Mindscape) - how to install manually on Windows 98, Windows XP & Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit)

Reply 8 of 15, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Oh, one of the game developers is here?

I discovered something weird about the demo of CyberSpeed a while back but we haven't been able to confirm it yet.
Re: 3D Accelerated Games List (non-3Dfx proprietary APIs)

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 10 of 15, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
TDK wrote:

Can't help you I'm afraid, I was the music composer

Just installed the demo to listen to some of the music. I notice that the menu music is MIDI based and it sounds much better on my Roland SC-55mkII compared to the Yamaha MU80. Was the MIDI music composed for Roland devices?

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 14 of 15, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

They were used in the demo, that is for sure. The track music is also MIDI.

Also I think its great that former developers join in on threads here on Vogons, this is not the first time it happens and I hope its not the last. Thanks for posting TDK 😀

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes