VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by trisoret

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I have an old Pentium Celeron MMX 300Mhz, running a 3dfx Voodoo 2 through an ATI Rage Pro. I'm using AWE 64 for sound and everything seems to be running just great. Well except for a few games...Colin McRae Rally starts up normally but when it gets to the actual gameplay, artifacts are displayed all over the screen making it a bit hard to see what is going on.

Another game that has the same issue (but in a lower dose) is Eidos' Ofiicial Formula One Racing. I'm using the FastVoodoo 2 4.6 driver and Direct X 9 on Windows 98.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Reply 4 of 9, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I remember having the same issues with artifact in Colin McRae. It's a game I like a lot and I've played it throughout the years in many different configurations and hardware, artifacts problems were definitely there in some cases. Never figured out why. Also I believe that this game doesn't even use the voodoo, so maybe it's not a problem from your side? Especially when most other things work correctly.

Reply 5 of 9, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Colin McRae Rally is d3d game. No glide API.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 7 of 9, by trisoret

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for replying everyone. I tried Nightmare Creatures (on 3dfx mode) now and it looks horrible with artifacts.

I reinstalled my old driver from 1998 with the same result. I'm beginning to think that it might be a hardware problem.

Please note that everything was working great until a week ago when I took the whole PC apart, cleaned it then rebuilt it.

Reply 8 of 9, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://www.zeus-software.com/forum/viewtopic. … =10&t=672#p3471
3dfx games list.
No Re-Volt and Nightmare Creatures.
For DX games - try to disable AGP texturing in dxdiag.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).