Common searches

Windows Game - Gex Enter The Gecko

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

It's probably wrapped in a gui and nit lock stock wine...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 22 of 24, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Normal Wine works as it should, it's just that most people can't handle a package manager so they install a bundle that is self contained in the app.

But, as every Wine, you can run regedit.exe inside and edit the registry 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 23 of 24, by a4orce84

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So what do I actually update in the registry? I'm sorry if this was covered earlier, just trying to wrap my head around what's needed.

Thanks again for everyone's time and help, it is greatly appreciated!

Reply 24 of 24, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
a4orce84 wrote:

#indeo codecs for the intro movie (the ir32_32.dll was added to the game exe dir)
wine reg add "HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\drivers.desc" /v "ir32_32.dll" /t REG_SZ /d "Indeo® Video R3.2"
wine reg add "HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\Drivers32" /v "vidc.iv32" /t REG_SZ /d "ir32_32.dll"

The only thing these two lines do is add new keys to the registry. HKLM is an abbreviation for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE . So, for the first line you would add a new key under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\drivers.desc with a Name of ir32_32.dll, of Type REG_SZ, and a Data value of Indeo® Video R3.2.